Discover The Article
- 1 Overwatch PC Requirements
- 2 How to Install Overwatch
- 3 How to Get Started Playing Overwatch
- 4 Summary
Last Updated on April 24, 2021 by Editor Futurescope
Overwatch is a futuristic first-person shooter game set in a future earth. It is a team game with multiplayer mode and players can choose from the 30 available characters to play the game.
These characters boast abilities and strengths as well as weaknesses. And if you want to enjoy the game you have to learn how to use the characters.
In the overwatch game, you get to join a six-person team and fight other teams of 6 across different areas. The 6 players in the team will be chosen from the 30 characters available in the game.
How do you play this game on your PC? Well, first you have to check if your PC is compatible and can play the game.
Overwatch PC Requirements
Before you even try to install overwatch on your system, you need to be sure it at least satisfies the minimum PC requirements to play the game.
Minimum PC Requirements
This is the lowest specification a PC can have to be able to run the game. You should bear in mind that you may still observe lags and poor graphic quality when playing overwatch if your PC has these specs.
- Your PC must run on an intel core i3 or AMD Phenom X3 8650
- Must have 4 GB Ram space
- Must have a dedicated video ram of 768 MB
- Must have a free disk space of 30 GB
- Run on the latest service pack of any of these operating systems: vista/windows 7,8,10 64-bit
- Must have a pixel and vertex shader of 4.0 each
- Its video card must be intel HD graphic 4400, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, or ATI Radeon HD 4850
Recommended PC Requirements
If your PC has specs equal to or more than the recommended requirements here, you’ll enjoy an uninterrupted game with full graphics and gaming quality.
- A dedicated video ram of 2 GB
- System ram of 6 GB
- Pixel and vertex shader of 5.0 each
- Run on the latest service pack of any of the following operating systems: vista/ windows 7,8,10 64-bit
- PC must run on an intel core i5 or AMD Phenom II X3, 2,8 GHz
- Must have a free disk space of 30 GB
- And have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD 7950
How to Install Overwatch
If your PC satisfies the requirements, you can then go ahead and install the game by following these steps. Bear in mind that you need a blizzard account to play this game, so the first thing you should do is:
- Create a free blizzard account from the battle.net app
- Click on the overwatch icon at the top left corner of the blizzard app
- Select your region and PC type
- Choose the edition; you can choose between the standard edition which costs $19.99 and the legendary edition which costs 39.99. They are both the same game, but the legendary edition gives you more add-ons
- Select a payment option and purchase
- Download and wait for the game to install
How to Get Started Playing Overwatch
After installing the game on your PC, you’re almost set to enjoy the game but before you do that:
Adjust Graphics and Resolution to Match PC Specs
You want to adjust the graphics of the game if your PC is using the minimum requirements. Reduce the graphics from the options menu. This will reduce lag and allow you to play seamlessly.
Change the graphics to low, medium, or high depending on the specs of your pc, you can also increase it to ultra or epic. You should also adjust the mouse sensitivity, camera angles, and resolution.
Choose a Character
This is where it gets a little tricky, with 30 characters you might be overwhelmed and confused on which character to choose as your hero. The characters are divided into four groups which makes it easier to identify them. They can either be tanks, attackers, defenders, or supporters.
All these groups have different uses, and how they help out their teammates. You should learn how they work and how your favorite characters play. This will make it easier for you to select a hero.
Learn the Commands
If you’re already used to your FPS games, you’ll find it less challenging learning the commands for this game as they follow the same principles.
You want to learn the basics first. How to move in all directions, run, crouch and jump. These are some of the things you would be doing early on in the game.
You also want to learn what your primary and secondary attacks are and how to use them. There are also special and ultimate abilities for your hero you should learn how to use.
Play the Game
After learning the commands, you’re ready to get your first action. Mind you, playing practice games will sharpen you up on what to expect in the game and would be better than jumping right into it.
Either way, you will experience the full gaming feeling right on your PC.
If your PC satisfies at least the minimum requirements, you can enjoy this first-person team multiplayer game. Follow the steps in this guide to set it up and enjoy.