Discover The Article
Discord is a software application that vows to its users an excellent experience. It is the reality of a unified experience in both screen share and video call, and this fantastic application has enhanced the gaming world of game players and other communicators. Discord specializes in voice, text, and video interaction between its users. It is a platform that has created network communities of gamers, business people, and other interactors.
What is Discord?
Discord is a software application. It facilitates communication between users through video calls, voice calls, and text messages in real-time. It mostly used to communicate with other players by gamers during gaming sessions. Discord enables game players to share their screen games with other users.
Here is some Known Issues of using Discord
- Discord on macOS Catalina
- Screenshare with Audio Not Capturing Chrome
- Allowing Access for Microphone & Camera
- Discord screen share audio not working
- AV Errors When Updating
- Discord Voice and Video Troubleshooting Guide
- Allowing Access for Microphone & Camera
- Webcam not detected by Discord
- Server Vanity URLs
More on, https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us
It is a feature that allows up to ten people to go live by sharing your desktop screen.
Adjust your settings on the discord settings screen.
- Click the ‘cog’ icon at the right side of your username to access the settings page.
- Go to the ‘app settings,’ and from the left side, choose ‘voice and video.’
- Select your video camera from the ‘video settings’
- For you to test whether it is working correctly, select the ‘test video’ option on your right side.
How to Add and Call Friends
You need to start by creating a contact list of friends before you can start calling. Make your friend list by adding friends to your discord.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Click the discord icon, which is on the top left of your screen to get to your homepage.
- Open your ‘friend list’ by selecting friends.
- Search your friends by their usernames.
- Point over the username and get an option to video call them.
- Click on the username.
- Begin your call.
To enlarge your screen to its maximum possible size, click the arrow at the top left corner.
SWITCH FROM VIDEO TO SHARE A SCREEN DURING A CALL
- At the bottom of your video call are two icons. These icons will allow you to choose to switch from a video call to share screen mode.
- Click on the icon that is to the left. It displays a monitor with an arrow at the center.
- And thus a ‘share screen icon.’
- You can freely switch between the video screen and share screen whenever you want during the call.
- You can also choose which monitor screen to share or even a particular application window as you interchange between a video call and share screen mode.
- The ‘share screen’ icon can be used to go back and forth between monitor share screen window and application window.
- After a conversation, you would most certainly want to end the call.
- To do so, use the ‘leave call’ button drops a call.
- Be sure to use this button only when you are through with a call and now want to end it.
- The ‘toggle’ icon is on the right of the ‘leave call’ icon.
- The icon appears like a microphone.
- It used to mute and unmute your microphone.
TOGGLE FULL SCREEN
- This feature enables you to widen your screen during a video call to fit sufficiently.
- Use the Esc button to exit full screen.
- This feature if discord enables you to concentrate on a particular user while in a group video call.
- To focus on a user, click on the user’s avatar to bring their video into focus.
- To switch to a different user, click on another user’s avatar.
SHARE SOUND AND USE SHARE SCREEN
- While in shared screen mode, you can enable your sounds on the screen.
- You can toggle the sound while in the application window to allow others to hear your sounds.
- Mobile phones, however, do not have the screen share mode.
- Users might face a blank screen. Follow these steps to fix the discord screen.
However, there are times when discord screen share may give stop working and give a black screen. And this is what to do in such instances.
(i) ADD THE GAME TO DISCORD
- Add the game you are trying to share to discord by opening the game you need to share and discord.
- In the discord window, open ‘settings.’
- On the left side of the discord, click ‘game activity.’
- Choose ‘add it.’
- To pick the game, you want to share click ‘select.’
- Click ‘add the game.’
- Switch on the game overlay toggle
(ii) DELETE DISCORD CACHE FOLDER
- Close discord.
- Select ‘run’ after right-clicking the start menu.
- In the run, open space type ‘AppData.’
- Click ‘ok’ and open the roaming folder.
- Right-click discord subfolder and choose delete.
- Start discord again.
(iii) TURN OFF LATEST TECHNOLOGY OPTION
- Open discord.
- Choose ‘settings’ at the bottom left.
- Select ‘voice and video.’
- Turn off the ‘use our latest technology to capture your screen’ option.
(iv) TURN OFF HARDWARE ACCELERATION
- Open discord.
- Click ‘settings.’
- On the left, select ‘appearance.’
- Turn off ‘hardware acceleration.’
(v) RUN DISCORD AND GAME WITH THE SAME ADMINISTRATOR
- Press windows key+S.
- In the search box, type discord.
- Right-click discord app and choose ‘Run as administrator.’
- Right, click the game’s EXE file.
- Select ‘Run as an administrator.’
(vi) REINSTALL DISCORD
- In the run text box, type ‘appwiz.cpl.’
- Click ‘ok’ then the windows uninstaller will open.
- Select ‘discord software.’
- Click ‘uninstall’ and delete all remaining data.
- Open run and entre ‘app data.’
- Click ‘ok.’
- Selects discord and click delete.
- Open the local folder by typing ‘local app data’ in the Run text box and click ‘ok.’
- Right-click discord folder and ‘delete.’
- Visit the discord website and click ‘download now’ and get the latest version.
- Use the setup wizard to reinstall discord.
(vii) ENSURE GAME IS NOT IN FULLSCREEN
Ensure the game you wish you share is in window mode, not in full screen.
Enabling screen share on discord is simple and does not require you to acquire any additional software. All you need is to ensure that your video and audio hardware get correctly geared on discord. And it’s setting you for the best screen sharing experience of a lifetime.