Discover The Article
- 1 What is Netflix?
- 2 How much Netflix’s streaming plans cost?
- 3 Is there option netflix student discount?
- 4 How to reduce the cost of Netflix?
- 5 Conclusion
Last Updated on October 18, 2020 by Editor Futurescope
Living on a tight budget as a student can be difficult and very stressful. However, there is no better way to deal with this stress than streaming your favorite TV shows, movies, and documentaries on Netflix. Therefore, some companies offer student discounts to ease out the financial burdens and online college homework help when you do not have time to finish your homework.
What is Netflix?
Netflix is an online streaming service that offers a wide variety of popular TV shows, movies, and documentaries. It allows one to stream their favorite movies and TV shows anytime on any compatible device. The service began as a mail-order DVD rental service in 1997and now has over 100 million members across 190 countries.
How much Netflix’s streaming plans cost?
Netflix offers three streaming plans, which are Basic, Standard, and Premium. They start at $9 per month and end at $16 per month. Below is what you get with each plan:
- Basic. This streaming plan costs $8.99 per month and has the most limited features. One can only use it on a single screen at a time, and resolution is limited to standard definition, which is equal to old, pre-HD television.
- Standard. This plan costs $12.99 per month and allows one to watch on two screens at a time in high definition.
- Premium. This streaming plan costs $15.99 per month and allows one to watch on four screens at once, which is ideal for a large family and can allow one to video programming in HD or 4K Ultra HD.
Is there option netflix student discount?
Unfortunately, there is no option for netflix college discount to student like other companies which use these promotions to introduce their products or services to younger people in the hopes of acquiring new customers early.
How to reduce the cost of Netflix?
Since Netflix does not offer a student discount, it may be difficult for young people to fit a subscription into a tight budget. However, there are many ways one can reduce the cost of Netflix. Below are some of the hacks that will assist netflix student discount & reducing the cost of the streaming service to save money for the future:
- Use the Netflix Trial Version to Save Money
The easiest way to save money is to sign up for a free trial. Netflix provides 30 days free trial to all accounts. Within those 30 days, one can watch unlimited content at zero costs and then, at the end of the month, cancel his or her subscription plan. However, Netflix doesn’t allow multiple free trials, but one can sign up again if they use a different email and billing method. If one cancels his or her subscription and wait, Netflix will often send an offer for another free trial a few months down the line.
- Share Netflix Subscription with Your Friends or Family
Apart from using free multiple trials, one can reduce the Netflix subscription costs by conveniently sharing the charges with friends or family, which can help both parties enjoy the benefits and stay entertained. Besides sharing with family or friends, one can find fellow students who want to share subscription costs for a new account.
- Subscribe to A Basic Plan for Netflix
In as much as subscribing for a basic plan at just $8.99 might seem cringy, it may best serve students and conveniently fit their budget and allow them to stream all movies like the other plans at a standard quality of 720p. The basic plan may also allow them to share with other students or family members.
- Contact Nearby Netflix Dealers
There are various Netflix dealers, especially on Facebook groups, which can create a Netflix account at a lower cost. The reason why their account set up is cheap is that they share the reports with you.
- Pay Netflix Subscription Bills Using Gift Cards
Students can reduce the cost of Netflix by paying their subscription using gift cards achieved from Google Play and Amazon.
- Use Netflix Alternatives
If students are having difficulties in paying Netflix subscriptions, they can simply move to other affordable streaming services that allow student discounts.
Netflix Alternatives with Student Discounts
Though there is no netflix student discount code, there are several alternatives that one can opt to enjoy the hefty student discounts on everyday essentials. Below are some of the best options for Netflix that offer student discounts:
- Amazon Prime Student: This unique streaming service student plan provides all of the regular Prime content at a significant discount. Through this plan, students receive a free trial for a period of six months, which can be canceled anytime plus a 50% discounted price for up to four years. As a result, instead of paying the regular membership fees of $99 per year, students only have to pay $49 a year.
- HBO NOW: This TV streaming service that comes with a stable line-up of TV shows, documentaries, and movies, and they charge 14.99 every month. However, students only pay $9.99 a month with no fixed contract or termination fees attached to it. As a result, they offer a total discount of $5 a month. To be eligible for this promotion, students must be enrolled in at least one college class at a Title IV degree offering institute.
- Hulu: This TV shows and movie streaming service partnered Spotify to offer college students a bundle that allows students to use both of their premium services for $4.99 a month.
Netflix is a fantastic online streaming service that offers premium content at a price that is not afforded by every student. However, because it doesn’t have student discounts, it makes it an exclusive service that doesn’t cater to students’ needs. Despite the streaming service not having student discounts, there are various ways in which students can reduce the cost of accessing Netflix. These are using Netflix’s trial versions, sharing the service’s subscription with friends, family, other students, or through dealers, using the cheapest plan, and paying using gift cards. If the above-suggested methods do not work for students, they can simply move to other Netflix alternatives, which are Amazon Prime Students, HBO NOW, and Hulu.