What We Have Covered in This Article
- 1 Why it’s important to analyze visits from other websites
Last Updated on March 24, 2022 by Editor Futurescope
An important aspect in any online marketing strategy is to analyze our competition and one of the keys is to know the visits of a website. Not with the aim of copying or emulating the strategy they are doing, but because you need to make yourselves visible and create strong relationships with other digital marketing blogs, which help to make you known and, in the process to attract visitors to your website or blog. There are great tools available to analyze the visits to a web page or blog.
This can be especially very useful to publish a guest article and therefore be able to get the maximum web traffic to your blog. Something you have to keep in mind is that with these tools you will get approximate data. The only one able to have visits to their own website is the webmaster or blogger who owns the page and accesses Google Analytics.
Why it’s important to analyze visits from other websites
Before explaining how to know the visits of a third party website, it is important to emphasize a series of points for which this analysis of the competition is essential.
- To obtain information about the pages that are bringing more traffic to that site.
- To analyze the websites where you would like to publish a post as a guest and see in this way the traffic that you can capture or get to our website.
- To see if it is interesting to advertise on a certain website.
- To analyze the content strategy you are using.
- To analyze the target and the focus of the most popular contents, in order to obtain ideas for my website.
- By seeing the traffic of a website, you will be able to know on which channels they are focusing their marketing efforts the most and, in that way, analyze in greater depth what actions they are carrying out.
- You could even get to know through which items they may be getting more customers.
Without a doubt, Similarweb is one of the tools to find out how many visits a preferred website has, and how to access very complete data on web traffic that tells you:
- Total visits
- Graph of the evolution of traffic in the last 6 months
- Page views per user
- Average visit time
- Bounce rate
- Channels where web traffic comes from
An undervalued tool with enormous potential in its paid version and with excellent data also in its free version is Alexa. Of course, before with its free version, you could extract more information than now and, although you cannot know the visits of a foreign website, it does give you a “degree of popularity.” That allows you to know how that website is evolving in its sector.
In addition, you can also find out:
- Where the visits to the web come from, that is, their geographical origin.
- Analyze the bounce rate.
- View the number of page views per user.
- The average time of permanence.
- Some of the most important search words.
- Evolution of searches in recent months.
- Pages that link to the web.
A tool for visits to a website in an organic way is Ahrefs. It is a very complete SEO tool that also has a large database and therefore makes it approach the organic traffic of a project. You will be able to discover the organic evolution of the project and also the evolution of the number of keywords positioned. In addition, it will be able to tell you the estimated organic traffic. If you do a deep analysis, you can even know how you get customers organically.
There are other website traffic checker possibilities to consider and most of them give you sufficient information to understand where traffic is coming from and how to improve on it.