Discover The Article
Hijacker apps have robed computer users from their right to browse at freewill by causing unauthorized changes to one’s browser. Its intrusion into your system is a breach of privacy. This is what hanstrackr is, a typical example of a hijacker app that causes disruptions when browsing the internet.
It can access a user’s browser without permission and make adjustments. And it may also substitute the starting page of the browser or tamper with its default search engine, thus prompting a redirect to an otherwise unintended site or bring up unwanted adds as well as bring a new toolbar. These adverse changes may irritate and disturb a web browser, thus the need or desire to get rid of this hijacker software.
How to get rid of this hijacker software
The malware can be removed manually by the user or automatically through the use of an app. It is essential first to identify the extension that is associated with the threat. This article will focus on methods and techniques a computer user may adopt for a hanstrackr removal together with its annoying effects from a computer.
For a windows virus, these following six steps used when manually dealing with a hanstrackr.com. It is crucial to follow step by step to ensure the complete eradication of a t.hanstrackr.com virus.
Start by rebooting your computer in a safe mode.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT+ ESC all at once and go to the processing tab or click on the Details tab in windows 8 or 10.
- Determine hanstrackr.com associated processes on the computer.
- Right-click on the dangerous files and choose an open file location.
- Use an online virus scanner to scan the files.
- Open their folder and end the processes of the files with viruses.
- Delete the folders with infected files.
- Ensure that everything infected, even if the virus scanner does not identify it, is deleted.
- Press down at once the start key, and the R button then type on the keyboard appwiz.cpl.
- Click OK.
- You will then be directed to the control panel.
- Look for files or folders that might be infected and delete them or uninstall them.
- In the search field type the word MSConfig.
- Press the enter key.
- There is a window that will pop up on the screen after doing so.
- Click startup.
- Look for entries that have an unknown manufacturer.
- Others might just look suspicious.
- Press the start key and R button together.
- Copy and paste then hit OK.
If you have been hacked in the new file that will be open, you will see several IPs that you have been connected to at the bottom.
- Search for network connections on the start menu.
If using Windows 10, click the windows button and then write the localhost.
Press the enter key.
- Go on the network adapter you are using and right-click.
Go on internet protocol version 4(ICP/ IP) and click properties.
- The DNS line is supposed to obtain the DNS server automatically. If it is not set to do so, you are required to place it on your own.
- On the DNS tab, click advanced.
Remove anything that is there.
Click on OK.
Step 5 is the final step that will thoroughly remove the virus threat from your browser.
- Move your mouse to the browser shortcut and right-click.
- Click on properties.
- On target, delete anything that comes after the word .exe.
Different browsers require different methods to remove hanstrackr.com; thus, we will look at how to complete this step in the Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome.
1)To remove hanstrackr.com from Internet Explorer
- Go on IE
- Click manage add-ons.
- Click properties
- Identify the threat.
- Click on disable.
- Click on internet options.
- Change the URL to the one you use.
- Then finally, click apply.
2)When removing hanstrackr.com from Firefox follow the steps below
- Open your Firefox browser
- Click on the icon with three horizontal lines (menu tab)
- Select add-ons.
- After doing so. Select extension.
- From the window that comes up, identify, or find the malware /adware.
- Click Remove to get rid of the virus.
3)In the Chrome browser do the following to remove hanstrackr.com
- Begin by closing Chrome
- Go to C:/Users/!!!!USERNAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data
- Right, click the default folder.
- From the drop-down menu, select rename. You then rename the folder to backup default.
- After doing so, restart Chrome to complete the process.
- In the windows search field type, the word Regedit then press enter.
- When you are directed to the following window, press the CTRL and F button at the same time.
- After that, type the name of the threat.
- If you come across any other entries with an identical name, right-click on them and hit delete. If they otherwise do not show this way, find them manually and uninstall, remove or delete them.
After completing all these steps above, the hanstrackr.com malware should be removed entirely from your computer system. This, however, is not the only way to remove hanstrackr.com. Another way this is through the use of a single app. When removing hanstrackr.com on your own, it is impossible not to interfere with system files and registries. A wrong move could cause irreparable damage to your system, thus the need to be extremely cautious when so doing.
To avoid the danger when one is in doubt or has inadequate knowledge, it is advised to simply download a specialized malware removing application called SpyHunter professional Anti-Malware Program to remove the malware automatically. It is much more comfortable and requires less technical operating and understanding. A lot of time is also saved by using this app. SpyHunter can also be used to ensure the success of the manual removal method as it can replicate itself if not eradicated.
Allowing such an app to run in your computer system for long may be quite dangerous as it may steal sensitive data such as passwords, thus facilitating cybercriminal operations. Before to install any app like hanstrackr, one should to know what is hanstrackr. Hence the need and urgency to get rid of it as soon as it is identified in one’s computer system by use of either the techniques discussed in this article.