What We Have Covered in This Article
- 1 What is iTunes Dark Mode?
- 2 Benefits of using iTunes Dark Mode
- 3 How to Enable iTunes Dark Mode on Mac
- 4 How to Enable iTunes Dark Mode on Windows PC
- 5 How to Fix iTunes Dark Mode not Working
- 6 iTunes Dark Mode
Last Updated on October 23, 2021 by Editor Futurescope
Did you know that high screen brightness causes insomnia and eyestrain? While sitting in front of a screen for an extended period, experts recommend wearing glasses or switching to dark mode. Due to the effects of display & brightness, many apps have added the dark mode feature in their latest app updates. The apps that support dark mode include iTunes.
iTunes is a freeware media player which enables you to organize and play your favorite video and music, play or download music, find podcasts, etc. iTunes was developed by Apple Inc. You can use the software to play, purchase, download, and organize multimedia files on your macOS or Windows operating systems.
The default iTunes interface is bright with a white background, making it attractive during the day. This light theme makes it difficult to view the iTunes interface at low light or during the night. However, iTunes has solved this problem by adding the dark mode, which is visually appealing and friendly to your eyes.
. The iTunes Dark mode, now available in macOS Mojave and Windows OS, comes in handy for all of us. In this article, we’ll be showing you How to activate iTunes Dark Mode.
What is iTunes Dark Mode?
iTunes Dark mode enables you to change the bright features of your iTunes to dark colors. iTunes features like the menu bar, system panel, dock, and trash will become darker. The dark mode also affects other apps installed on your Mac PC. These include iTunes, App Store, Safari, News, etc.
Apple Inc. primarily added the mode to reduce the eye strain of iTunes users, especially those who use it for extended periods. Though it’s not advisable to spend our nighttime on the screen, it is inevitable for professionals like DJs, music producers, etc. The iTunes Dark Mode comes to their aid by reducing the light.
Benefits of using iTunes Dark Mode
The iTunes software is a complete entertainment package that enables you to:
- Organize and play your favorite music and videos
- Download and play unlimited songs using Apple Music with a paid subscription
- You can find films, music, free podcasts, TV programs, audiobooks, etc.
- Set up your iPhone, iPod, and iPad and add video, music, and other files to it.
- Join the Apple Music service
- Play Apple Music Radio or Beats 1
The dark or night mode is beneficial because it:
- Reduces the glare and minimizes the blurred light and flickering
- It saves lots of energy, especially if you use a device with an AMOLED or OLED screen
- Reduces the eye strain in low light or dark conditions
- Best for your reading purposes since it makes the text dark on a white background
The downside of using iTunes Dark Mode is it may increase eye fatigue while reading since the bright light makes the text appear washed out. More so, long text formats may be challenging to read while in dark mode. Nevertheless, it saves power, reduces insomnia and eye fatigue.
How to Enable iTunes Dark Mode on Mac
Apple Inc. officially added the iTunes Dark mode to macOS Mojave. After updating to macOS Mojave’s release, you will see a prompt to enable Dark mode. However, if you skipped the option, like many other users, follow these steps:
- Click the Apple logo located at the top-left corner of your screen
- Select the System Preferences option, then proceed to General
- On the Appearance menu, choose the Dark option. This option enables you to view different levels of the dark background that you can apply.
If you are using the latest macOS Catalina on your PC, you can choose another available option called Auto. The third option in the Dark Mode setting automatically turns on the light mode in the morning hours and enables the dark mode at night.
Even in macOS Mojave, you can choose to use iTunes Dark Mode during the nighttime only. To do this, you have to enable Dynamic Desktop using these steps:
- Navigate to System Preferences, then select the Desktop & Screen Saver option.
- Under the opened menu, select the Dynamic Desktop option that looks like a curvy icon.
How to Enable iTunes Dark Mode on Windows PC
The Dark mode was made available as a built-in feature after the release of Windows 10. Windows dark feature enables you to change all the windows to dark mode, i.e., black colors. The graphical icons and text will turn into light colors.
To activate the Dark Mode on Windows, follow this step-by-step guide:
- Open the Settings on your Windows 10. You can click Windows+ I to open it at once.
- On the Settings Window, select Personalization. The option displays a paintbrush option on your screen.
- Click on the Colors option and then navigate to Choose your app mode.
- Select the Dark option
When you open iTunes, you will note that the Dark mode is enabled.
How to Fix iTunes Dark Mode not Working
Users have complained that iTunes Dark mode sometimes does not work or keeps turning back to normal mode. Face a similar issue or any other problem related to iTunes. You can use the iMyFone TunesFix software, which addresses all the iTunes problems and issues.
The main features of TunesFix include:
- Troubleshoots the iTunes dark mode not working issue
- With a single click, you can fix all iTunes install/update/restore issues along with over 100 iTunes errors
- Erase all iTunes junk files, old backups, and redundant files to recover your computer disk space and ensure iTunes performs at optimum levels
- Supports all iTunes versions
- Causes no harm or risk to your device
To fix iTunes errors on Windows 10 using TunesFix, use these steps:
- Download and install iMyFone TunesFix on your PC
- Open the software. TunesFix will automatically detect any issues with your iTunes
- To fix the problems, click on the Fix Other iTunes Problems
- Click on the Repair button and let TunesFix fix the problems.
iTunes Dark Mode
Night workers can now use the night mode in iTunes to darken the entire interface and reduce the bright features of iTunes. The dark mode for Windows or macOS will reduce your eye fatigue, especially if you are a night user like a music producer.
Additionally, use the TunesFix to fix all the issues you might face while using iTunes.