What We Have Covered in This Article
- 1 Setting up NordVPN
- 2 Setting Up NordVPN On Your Device
- 3 Why Should You Use Nordvpn With UTorrent
- 4 How To Choose A Safe Vpn For Torrenting
- 5 A Vpn Keeps You Safe While Torrenting — Here’s How
- 6 FAQ
- 7 Conclusion
Last Updated on January 16, 2022 by Editor Futurescope
Setting up NordVPN and uTorrent combo is a simple process but let’s first learn what these two are!
Torrenting lets users share files online via the P2P (Peer to Peer) network. You can download, upload, and even share files with your friends from sites.
The process is not the straightforward clicking of a download button to get the file on your device. Torrenting involves getting a big file, breaking it up, and passing it through networking processes to download the file.
To torrent files, you need software to facilitate the process. uTorrent is one of them.
It is a free software that comes in handy when you want to download large files in a P2P sharing environment.
uTorrent software is a part of the BitTorrent program and came into existence in September 2005. The brain behind this great software is Ludvig Strigeus.
With up to 100 million worldwide users in 67 different languages, the program works with major desktop and mobile operating systems like Androids, iOS, Windows, and Linux.
uTorrent and NordVPN
Torrenting is not always a smooth path; the affair involves both legal and illegal content from the internet, which also exposes your digital information.
One thing to note is that torrenting becomes illegal when you begin using and sharing copyrighted materials.
Whatever you do with copyrighted content on torrent sites is your personal responsibility. All you have to note is that torrenting a copyrighted book or game is breaking the content law and this can land you in lawsuits.
But why risk all this when you can pick a VPN to allow you to torrent. Download, upload, and share content with maximum privacy using NordVPN to protect yourself from hackers, trolls, and other cyber threats on torrent sites.
NordVPN is known for its uncontested online shield and works by encrypting your online traffic so that no one can see your torrenting activities.
Both uTorrent and NordVPN combine flawlessly. But you have to get the nitty-gritty of setting up the two to enjoy your online activities.
Setting up NordVPN
NordVPN and uTorrent combination will offer you a safe torrenting podium. To set up and use the combo, you have first to set up the NordVPN, that is, in case you do not have the VPN.
Why choose NordVPN? Primarily, we advocate for NordVPN as a match for this great torrenting platform. The VPN has a package of supreme features that will keep your online privacy intact.
- In-built leak protection: these prevent your data from leaking and include automatic DNS, automatic IPv6, and IPv4. The IPv4 is optional through the kill switch.
- Security Encryption: NordVPN comes with an unbreakable 256-bit AES encryption. This one is considered military-grade encryption that not even security agencies can break.
- No-logs policy: This VPN does not collect or keep any of your data that is transmitted via its network, thus a top guarantee for privacy.
- WireGuard protocol: NordVPN top speed traces back to WireGuard protocol.
Now you have all the reasons to be comfortable when using NordVPN with uTorrent. Let us move you through the process of setting up the VPN.
Don’t worry about how this VPN operates as later in the guide, we will give you troubleshooting tips. We will also list for you the dos and don’ts when combining NordVPN and uTorrent.
Setting Up NordVPN On Your Device
Undoubtedly, NordVPN improves your uTorrent user experience. You will connect and torrent flawlessly without major issues.
Here is a short guide on how to set up NordVPN on your Windows OP device in case you haven’t;
- Go to your browser and enter NordVPN
- Select the website.
- Go to Download NordVPN app.
- Tap to install.
- Tap to launch
- Sign up and create an account
- Log in with the credentials provided to start using the app
- Connect to the VPN server by tapping Quick connect or choosing a country.
- Congratulations! You are now set for setting up and using NordVPN with UTorrent!
NordVPN comes with several offers. You can opt for monthly, yearly, or biannual subscriptions.
The provider also gives you a 30-day money-back guarantee to test the service before subscribing.
Read more on installing NordVPN on androids and other operating systems from our other comprehensive guides.
Let’s now jump on to our main business of setting up and using the Nord VPN with uTorrent
- Go to your device and select uTorrent.
- Tap the Options bar then locate Preferences.
- On the sidebar, select Connection and look for the Proxy Server box.
- A drop-down menu appears, which allows you to choose either HTTP or Socks5.
The next step involves you filling in the Proxy with a NordVPN server address. The address must support ‘P2P’ sharing.
- Get again to your browser and open a new page.
- Type in NordVPN to hop onto the app.
- Go to advanced options to access NordVPN’s server picker.
- Locate Select server type and choose P2P.
Go to ‘Select security protocol’ and choose HTTP or Socks5 ( your choice depends on the Proxy server type that you chose earlier)
- When you are done, you will see the recommended server on the page. Go back to the uTorrent page and type in your VPN (NordVPN) server on the Proxy bar.
What if you are not sure of NordVPN servers? NordVPN has a checklist of torrent-enabled servers where you can pick your recommended or preferred input.
Here is the list;
- Find the port bar and fill in 1080 if you are using Socks5 and 80 if you are using HTTP.
If you choose Socks% or 1080, here are the boxes that you will find under this section. Be sure to check all of them as on the screenshot below;
- Disable connections unsupported by the proxy.
- Disable features that leak identifying information
- Disable all local DNS lookups
- Use proxy for peer-to-peer connections
- Use proxy for hostname lookups
- Go ahead and fill in your NordVPN’s credentials (username and password) and then click OK.
If you just created NordVPN, you may forget the credentials. Go back to your account and locate them on the dashboard. You will find a copy button next to the credential for easy input in the relevant boxes.
The last step, 14, above confirms the settings and gives you a go-ahead to enjoy secure torrenting.
Why Should You Use Nordvpn With UTorrent
There are several VPNs out there that you may consider using with uTorrent. The VPNs promise unrestricted access for platforms like uTorrent.
Eventually, many users find the services unsatisfactory, but NordVPN is exceptional. It is a trusted brand when it comes to network privacy.
Earlier, we listed several NordVPN features. Below are additional features that may make you want to try out NordVPN with uTorrent.
- AES 256-Bit Encryption
NordVPN keeps your identity intact by using military-grade AES-256-bit encryption. your encrypted information is sent through the VPN tunnel. With NordVPN blocks deciphering of your ISP and other hackers, especially when torrenting.
- P2P Servers
NordVPN has special servers ideal for torrenting. The servers create a secure tunnel for routing your traffic. This technology is the number one shield for your identity. W
- IP-Masking Test
A VPN should mask your IP address regardless of your location. NordVPN offers exactly that. If you connect to a server in China, the USA, or any other locality, it should reflect the same.
- Automatic kill switch
A VPN is a network whose connection can drop down or go off. In such instances, there should be a feature that automatically blocks access to the internet. The feature is known as an automatic kill switch.
The primary purpose of the above switch is to prevent your data and IP address location from leaking. When the NordVPN server connection is back the kill switch gets disabled automatically.
- DNS-Leak Test
With NordVPN, you have a guarantee that there is no DNS leakage. The VPN safeguards your IP address such that no hacker or ISP can locate you during your torrenting activities.
Slow VPNs are a pain due to poor connectivity issues. Torrenting requires a speedy VPN. With NordVPN, you have got a speedy VPN with a P2P server, specially optimized for your tough internet activities like torrenting.
- Easy-to-use and set up App
NordVPN is easy to use. Setting it up with torrenting is also a smooth process. It is a pick and connects server.
How To Choose A Safe Vpn For Torrenting
Torrenting is not the regular download and installs that you click to get your favorite files. It involves many processes that require safeguarding your privacy by hiding your IP address.
Choosing a safe VPN for torrenting is not rocket technology. Features to look for include;
- A safe VPN for torrenting should offer great speed.
- Very costly VPNs may not be budget-friendly, but also too cheap or free ones come at a deer cost. You may lose your data to hackers and trolls. Whatever your budget is for a safe torrenting VPN, be careful with free and cheap ones as they can disappoint.
- The best VPNs that are also safe for torrenting are AES 256-Bit Encrypted. Such encryptions are unbreakable and safeguard you from ISP and other cyber threats. Be careful with VPNs as not all that promise AES256-Bit but don’t offer the same.
- This VPN does not collect or keep any of your data that is transmitted via its network, thus a top guarantee for privacy.
In-built leak protection
- these prevent your data from leaking and include automatic DNS, automatic IPv6, and IPv4. The IPv4 is optional through the kill switch.
A Vpn Keeps You Safe While Torrenting — Here’s How
Torrenting downloads can be an extremely risky online affair, especially when you use an unprotected network. The greatest risk involves third parties and hackers penetrating your unencrypted connection and stealing your data.
Another potential danger is infecting your devices with spyware, malware, and viruses.
A robust VPN software takes control of your network connections by encrypting all the data and keeping your data intact.
When torrenting, a VPN in place will anonymize your connections and ensure that you are not cyber threatened.
Here’s how to ensure that your VPN keeps you safe while torrenting
- Torrent With A Reliable Client
Torrenting with a reliable client like uTorrent. Such a client manages and gathers all the files that you need so that you can download them as a complete package. To download a torrent, you need to use a reliable torrent client. A good torrent client is lightweight, easy to manage, and easily customizable. We highly recommend uTorrent because it has a simple UI and comes with customizable features that are easy to manage.
- Get A Reliable VPN
Cybercriminals know where to catch you; in your torrenting business. Without a reliable and trusted VPN, you expose your data unknowingly to third parties and hackers. The results are malware-damaged devices, exposed identity, and sold-out data.
- Keep Your VPN Connected All Through
Disconnecting or forgetting to connect your VPN is jeopardizing your online safety. In torrenting businesses, hackers are on the lookout for unprotected networks.
Make Sure that you stay connected. Only disconnect your VPN when you are sure you closed your torrent client.
- Antivirus Software Is A Necessity
Torrenting is not just any other simple business that you conduct online. It requires various safety mechanisms in place.
A strong antivirus is an example. Get a robust Antivirus to keep you safe online. Do not assume that you have a VPN that conceals your anonymity and forget an antivirus!
- Vpn And Torrent Client Configuration
These two are crucial to configure. That eliminates privacy and safety risks when torrenting. Both features bar hackers from obtaining your IP address and data.
For both features, configure the kill switch, DNS Leak protection, AES-256 bit encryption, Advanced Protocol, and Split Tunnelling. The above features make it difficult for anyone to crack your real IP when torrenting.
uTorrent And NordVPN Troubleshooting Tips
It is normal for you to experience some troubleshooting issues when combining NordVPN and uTorrent. How do you handle the problems?
- For super-fast connection, ditch wireless connections as other devices tend to interfere with the network.
- Disable WiFi for other devices’ connections to improve the network.
- Try a proxy setup if the NordVPN P2P server is slowing you down.
- Reboot your PC if NordVPN and uTorrent are not responding appropriately. Rebooting clears build up cache data which may be blocking connection functionalities.
- Disable IPv6 to prevent leaks.
- Use the latest version of uTorrent for a smooth and speedy performance.
- Use NordVPN latest version
- Reinstall uTorrent client if troubleshooting issues persist
- Remember to enable the NordVPN kill switch
- Restart your modem or router to rule out network issues
- Enable Shadowsocks/SOCKS5 support on your NordVPN; otherwise, you will not move to the next step when setting up the VPN with uTorrent
- Regularly modify your firewall and security software when required.
Using NordVPN for Torrents: Do’s & Don’ts
- Stay connected to NordVPN all the time
- Download safe torrents
- Use private torrent sites.
- Use a sandboxed environment to download files
- Use a strong and reliable antivirus always
- Use reliable client for torrenting
- Do not forget to configure your VPN and torrenting client.
- Do not use uTorrent old version
Is NordVPN Good for Torrenting?
NordVPN is a great option for torrenting. This activity is not for the faint-hearted. Most of the time, cybercriminals whisk away your data, infect our devices. Eventually, you suffer greater losses trying to recover your hacked accounts and cash through stolen credit card details.
The top benefit you will reap from this VPN is impenetrable security and restricted access to your data. NordVPN is a reliable VPN that is speedy and one that will never allow even your ISP to access your data.
Does NordVPN Work Well For uTorrent?
Yes, NordVPN matches perfectly with uTorrent. NordVPN servers are pretty fast, which is a requirement with torrenting. uTorrent client requires other unique sets of qualities like restricted access and a security firewall, which makes torrenting with NordVPN a success.
Our guideline has proved to you that setting up and using Nord VPN with uTorrent is straightforward. We have listed several steps that assure you security in your torrenting experience.
The troubleshooting tips, do’s and don’ts are there to make sure you download files without a hassle. We have no doubts that you will find NordVPN and uTorrent a great combo that works well in torrenting. Subscribe to NordVPN and install uTorrent for free from your browser. You will definitely enjoy using this fantastic combination.
You might be interested to know more facts & opportunity for VPN. Check out!
- Reasons to Avoid Best Lifetime VPN Services & Alternatives Subscription
- Best Free VPNs For routers: Which Ones Are Worth It & Why?
- How To Setup And Use NordVPN With Utorrent?
- Best Free VPN For Dark Web & Darknet Safe Browsing & Private Access
- Best Free VPNs That Work With Netflix
- Best Free VPNs for Gaming, Feel your Gaming Experience
- Best Free Trial VPN With No Credit Card, No Payment Details!