What We Have Covered in This Article
- 1 How to Remove Profile Picture from Google Account using PC
- 2 How to Remove Google Profile Picture on Android Device
- 3 How to Remove Profile from Google Account on iPhone
- 4 Take away
Last Updated on September 28, 2021 by Editor Futurescope
Change is inevitable. You may, at one time, decide to remove the profile image on Google to add privacy to your personal information. You may do this for privacy reasons or legal reasons. Google’s services ranging from Gmail, Google Meet, to Google Contacts, etc., display your profile picture whenever you use them. Gmail, for instance, with over 1.8 billion users, shows your current Gmail profile picture to everyone you send an email to. Pictures are worth more than 1000 words and your Google profile picture may work for you or against you, especially in marketing.
To protect your privacy from the billions of people who may view your Google profile photo in different Google services like Google Hangouts, YouTube, Google Play Store, etc., you might consider removing your profile picture. Removing the profile pic may seem straightforward, but it can also be hectic navigating through the Google setting on your device.
We strive to bring you solutions and, in this solution-packed article, we shall show you how to remove your profile picture from your Google account on your Android, PC, or iOS.
How to Remove Profile Picture from Google Account using PC
The easiest way to remove the picture from a Google account is using your computer and the web browser. It would be best if you had a stable internet connection to perform this task successfully. Once set with a computer or laptop, use the below-mentioned steps to remove your current profile pic from your Google account:
- Open your internet browser. The most preferred browser for this is Google Chrome.
- Head to your Google account via this URL: https://myaccount.google.com/. Enter your login credentials and open your Google account dashboard
- On the left side of the screen, click the Personal Info option and scroll down to the icon labelled Go to About me just below the Choose what others see.
- Click on Go to About me to prompt the browser to open the About me page, displaying all your saved basic personal information on Google. The information includes your name, gender, email address, phone number, country of residence, and additional details.
- On the About me page, choose the Profile Picture section and proceed by clicking it.
- After clicking, you will be able to view your current profile picture. Just below the profile icon are two options; Change or Remove. Click on the Remove icon, which removes your circular profile picture on Google.
You should note that this action removes the profile picture on all Google services that you have registered for. Google also has a feature that allows you to view previous cool profile pictures you had uploaded. Click on the Album Archive icon just below the Change or Remove options to view archived profile photos.
How to Remove Google Profile Picture on Android Device
You can use various methods on your Android device to remove your Google profile. The easiest is opening your web browser and choosing the Desktop Site option. To do this, click on the three dots that appear on the top-right corner of Google Chrome Browser. This opens a dropdown menu, scroll down the menu and select Desktop Site. After this, use the steps illustrated on using PC to remove profile image from Google account.
The second method utilizes your Phone setting option. Use these simple steps to complete the task:
- Open your Phone Settings menu on your Android device
- Scroll down and open the Google This depends on the Android version of your device. The menu may be under the tab named Personal or just available upon scrolling down.
- Open the Google setting and select Manage your Google Account
- After this, click on Get Started and follow the simple on-screen prompts and open your Google accounts menu
- Select the Personal info tab on Google setting, then click on the picture icon under Basic Info. In older Android versions, you will access this option after clicking Go to About me.
- Choose the No Photo
The other method you can use on Android devices is utilizing the Google Contacts service. For this method, your Google Contacts app must be running on version 3.38 or above. If the app is lower than version 3.38, get an update from Google Play Store. Use the below-mentioned steps to remove the Google profile pic:
- Launch your Google Account app, then tap the avatar at the top right side
- By tapping the avatar, you will see all the Google accounts signed in on your phone. To proceed, choose the account you want to remove the profile picture.
- Tap on the profile picture preview of the Google account
- To remove the picture, tap the Remove icon that appears and confirm.
- Voila! Your Google profile picture is removed!
How to Remove Profile from Google Account on iPhone
Removing Google profile images on an iOS device is usually challenging to many people. However, it won’t be challenging for you since we have a solution. First, you can use the web method by following the steps discussed previously. Open your internet browser, preferably Google Chrome or Safari, and follow the steps mentioned under removing profile pictures on PC. Secondly, you can use the below-mentioned steps to remove a profile from a Google account on the iOS device:
- Launch your Gmail app. If you have logged out, use your login details to log in. If already logged in, skip that step.
- At the top of Gmail’s dashboard, locate the three lines and tap them; then, select Setting on the drop menu that appears.
- You will see the various email addresses logged in on your device. Click on the account you need the profile picture removed.
- Click the Manage my account option and then tap on Personal Info to proceed.
- Scroll down and locate the What other people see option, click on it, then further tap the About my option icon
- Under the options given, click on the No Photo option, and your Google profile image will be gone.
There are numerous reasons you might have for removing your profile picture from your Google account. Whichever the reason, this article has been a guide on ways to remove profile image from Google account using the web, Android, or iPhone. Elevate your privacy using the proper steps in this article.