Last Updated on
As SD card is slowly evolving into the penultimate storage medium, chances of data loss are also increasing rampantly because of accidental formatting and many other reasons. If you had ever faced such a situation earlier, then you must be aware of the painful data loss which closely follows suit. A third-party software is necessary to recover formatted SD card unlike computer hard drive. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can come to your rescue in such a scenario by helping you recover lost files from your formatted SD card easily and save the money and time to send the formatted SD card to a professional data recovery company.
On formatting of the SD card, all of its stored data gets deleted completely and the device gets assigned for storing the latest file system. If you purchase a new SD card, then chances are high that it is pre-formatted so that you can start with your operation almost immediately. You might be required to manually format your SD card on the following occasions:
- Allocation of new file system which is compatible with the computer.
- Errors such as ‘Disk not formatted,’ ‘SD card displaying wrong size’ and ‘Format disk drive’ appearing suddenly.
- To remove all traces of virus from the SD card.
Recovery of Data From Formatted SD Card
The chances of file retrieval remain higher while recovering data from SD card without much delay. Once the SD card gets overwritten, chances of data recovery becomes impossible. This is why it becomes necessary to stop the SD card from being used immediately so that you can recover formatted SD card at the earliest.
Steps of Recovering Data From The Formatted SD Card
- Firstly, you need to place the SD card in the card reader and take a look at its name.
- Now you will have to launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and initiate the scanning of all the files present in your formatted SD card.
- On completion of the scan, you will be presented with all the formatted files under one window. You can view the items in detail by double-clicking the same.
- Ultimately, you need to select the files you wish to recover and click on the “Recover’ button. You can specify the storage location of these files from a new window. For this, you will just have to select the location and then click ‘OK.’ The software will now initiate data recovery from the formatted SD card to your chosen location. To keep things on the safer side, you need to recover the data someplace else than your regular SD card.
Unique Features of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Files such as photos, videos, audio, emails, Office documents and more can be recovered.
- Files from memory card, mobile devices, micro card, video player, SSD, RAID, hard drive, digital camera and USB can be undeleted.
- Data can be restored from raw/inaccessible partition or disk.
- Offers 100% safety while trying to recover formatted SD card without overwriting the original data.
- The free version offers 2GB data recovery.
- Results can be filtered out clearly for having a preview of the same prior to proceeding with recovery.
The fact that it is both plug-in and virus free makes EaseUS Data Recovery Software the top choice for quick and easy solutions.