Discover The Article
- 1 what is qtwebengineprocess? Is it virus?
- 2 What to do when qtwebengine.exe becomes a virus
- 3 To Sum Up
Last Updated on October 17, 2020 by Editor Futurescope
What is qtwebengineprocess.exe or qtwebengin.exe? These have been some of the trending questions raised by windows 7,8 and 10 operating system users. Qtwebengin.exe is a 32-bit executable file, as indicated by the .ex. It was designed by Qt for the Qt web engine browser so that windows applications can have web content embedded. In windows operating systems, it is typically known as origin or ring central, while other operating systems refer to it as a bit load or plays tv. The main focus in this article has to do with issues that come with the file which are being raised by windows users.
what is qtwebengineprocess? Is it virus?
There are cases in which the file under discussion gets labeled as qtwebengineprocess virus by antivirus or antimalware applications. Some situations which give rise to this are as follows:
1. Qtwebengin.exe file missing.
Under normal circumstances, the file is located in C:\ Program Files address, enabling applications to work correctly. The applications in question include dropbox. However, this file can become missing and cannot found in the previously mentioned address. It usually occurs when the data moved to an address other than this, namely C:\Windows\ or C:\Windows\System32.
2. File corruption.
The file becomes a virus when it gets corrupted. File corruption can occur when malicious content gets downloaded or when malicious sites visited on the web.
What to do when qtwebengine.exe becomes a virus
Prevention is better than cure, and the same can said concerning the qtwebengin process virus. Windows users must perform regular full scans to stop this problem from ever happening. Fortunately, there are several fixes that you can run whenever one encounters a problem with the qtwebengin.ex virus.
Fix 1:Run system file checker
A system file checker is a windows tool used to fix corrupted files or restore any missing data. Follow these steps to use it as a fix:
1.Type cmd in the search box.
2. Right-click command prompt from top results.
3. Select run as administrator
4. Type SFC/scannow and press enter in a cmd window.
The system will begin to scan and repair corrupted and missing files.
Fix 2: Run DISM scan.
Besides the previously mentioned system file checker, there is DISM, another repair tool that can use on the problem. DISM stands for deployment image servicing and management. Follow the steps:
1.Type cmd in the search box to access a command prompt.
2. Type DISM/Online/Cleanup-image/RestoreHealth and press enter.
Fix 3: Run task manager.
Unlike fix 1 and 2, which fix problems associated with qtwebengineprocess virus, the task manager can solve the problem by removing the executable file. Here are the steps which you must take:
1. Press ctrl +shift +esc at the same time to bring out the task manager.
2. Navigate to qtwebenginprocess.ex on task manager window.
3. Right-click on the file and select the open file location.
4. Programs using the data will be listed so that you may decide to uninstall them if they are not very important to you. However, if the application is essential, one may choose to stop the program from running in the background instead of completely removing it. In such a case, step 3 will be as below:
3.Right-click and select end tasks from the context menu.
Fix 4: Run windows defender/antivirus
Sometimes fix 1 to 3 may fail because of deeply embedded viruses or malware. Such cases call for the running of antimalware programs like windows defender. A full scan is required and can carried out using the following steps :
1. Click on windows startup and search for windows defender then click on it.
2. Click on windows security and open windows security center.
3. Click on virus and threat protection and select a full scan.
Windows defender will effectively scan for any threats such as qtwebengin.ex virus and also provide options for what to do in response to the level of risk. Other antivirus programs like avast may permit the file to run in sandbox mode, which is good news for dropbox lovers.
Fix 5: Restore system.
You can do this using windows system restore feature, which can be accessed by typing restore in windows startup search. It is important to have created a point of restore earlier. In case the virus deletes these restore points follow the steps:
1. Restart the computer and press F8 before the windows logo appears.
2. Select safe mode and press enter key.
3. Run system restore after restart completes.
To Sum Up
Being of your computer’s system environment is also of great importance when it comes to qtwebengineprocess problem. For example, outdated windows drivers sometimes conflict with qtwebengine.exe file; thus, it is highly essential to keep them up-to-date. Fortunately, tools like driver booster are available in both free and pro versions. One has to download a driver booster from the homepage and install it. To run it, click on the big scan button and wait while outdated ones are detected, then you will be able to select which of those you want to update.