- 1 CompTIA Security +
- 2 CEH: Certified Ethical Hacking
- 3 CISSP: Certified Information System Security Professional
- 4 Cisco CCNA Security
- 5 General Information Security Certificate (CISM)
- 6 Professional Certified Wireless Security (CWSP) by Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP)
- 7 All Global Information Assurance (GIAC)
The options for cyber security certification are many and according to the expectations and concerns of each one. That opens a range of possibilities and opportunities in cyber security. But which certifications on cyber protection will be ruled in 2017?
CompTIA Security +
CompTIA is a non-profit organization created with the aim of developing and promoting independent IT certifications from manufacturers. That demonstrates competence in network security, compliance and operational security, threats and vulnerabilities, applications, host and data security, access control and identity management and Cryptography. At present, more than 250 000 professionals around the world have Security + certification, making it one of the most valued and recognized by employers.
Although this Cyber security certification certification is Entry-Level, the candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in the field of information security. Although it is not a mandatory requirement, it is recommended that the candidate first obtain the Network + certification.
Security + certification is recognized by the United States Department of Defense as a valid requirement for Information Assurance (IA) certification. The professional who obtains CompTIA Security + certification must possess qualities and experiences in areas such as cryptography, identity management, security systems, organization systems, risk management, disaster prevention and mitigation.
Other Cyber security certification from CompTIA:
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- CompTIA A +
- CompTIA CDIA +
- CompTIA Cloud +
- CompTIA CTT +
- CompTIA Linux + Powered by LPI
- CompTIA Mobile App Security +
- CompTIA Mobility +
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA PDI +
- CompTIA Project +
- CompTIA Security +
- CompTIA Server +
- CompTIA Storage + Powered by SNIA
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- CompTIA Green IT
- CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician
- CompTIA IT for Sales
- Social Media Security Professional
- Strata IT Fundamentals
CEH: Certified Ethical Hacking
Most IT security certifications teach the theory and techniques. That necessary to implement network and server security, but few certifications teach how to violate security.
The CEH Ethical Hacking cyber security certification prepares the IT professional to think and act as a hacker, using the same hacking tools, mid-set and techniques that a hacker would use when violating the security of a network. This certification complies with the philosophy of “to defeat your enemy you must first know him”.
CEH Ethical Hacking is an intermediate level certification developed and promoted by the International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council). This certification has become the default standard of all those professionals who want to become Ethical Hacker.
CEH offers a comprehensive program of ethical hacking and network security training to meet the highest standards for professionals. Hundreds of SMEs and authors have contributed to the content presented in the educational material of the CEH. In each pack they offer the latest tools and exploits discovered in the underground community. The researchers have invested thousands of hours analyzing the latest trends and discovering the secret techniques.
Other EC-Council certifications:
- Licensed Penetration Tester – LPT
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst – ECSA
- EC-Council Network Security Administrator – ENSA
- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler – ECIH
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator – CHFI
- Chief Information Security Officer – CCISO
CISSP: Certified Information System Security Professional
It is aimed at those professionals who seriously want to make a specialized career in cyber security. This Cyber security certification is independent of manufacturers and is offered by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, also known as (ISC) 2.
Candidates who hold CISSP certification are regularly decision makers who possess skills and knowledge in the areas of procedures, standards and security policies within organizations.
The CISSP certification is a globally recognized standard that confirms the knowledge of an individual in the field of information security. Certificates at CISSP are information security professionals who define the architecture, design, and management or controls that ensure the security of business environments. It was the first certification in the field of information security to meet the strict requirements of ISO / IEC 17024.
Other certifications of ISC2:
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner
- Certified Authorization Professional
- Certified Secure Lifecycle Professional Software
- Certified Cyber Forensics Professional
- HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner
Cisco CCNA Security
This certification is not independent of manufacturers. Cisco CCNA Security is an Entry Level security Cyber security certification oriented to Cisco solutions.
Because Cisco’s business solutions are listed on the market and converge with other technologies, the security professionals certified by this company are also fought by the industry, due to the previous preparation that they had to cross to obtain their diploma.
In order to obtain the Cisco CCNA Security certification, the candidate does not require prior experience in computer security, but must have previously passed the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification exam, in addition to having skills and knowledge in areas such as common security threats, security And Cisco Routers, AAA on Cisco devices, security network management, and more.
General Information Security Certificate (CISM)
CISM is the globally accepted standard for people who design, build and manage enterprise information security programs. CISM is the leading cyber security certification for information security administrators. Foote Partners’ latest IT Assessment and Skills (ITSCPI) quarterly rating ranked CISM as the most coveted and highest-paid security certifications.
Other ISACA certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
Professional Certified Wireless Security (CWSP) by Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP)
The CWSP certification ensures that you have the capabilities to protect your Wi-Fi enterprise networks from hackers, no matter what models or brands are deployed in your organization.
Other courses from CWNP:
- Entry level – CWTS: Certified Wireless Technology Specialist
- Administrator level – CWNA: Certified Wireless Network Administrator
- Professional level – CWDP: Certified Wireless Professional Design
- Professional level – CWAP: Certified Wireless Analysis Professional
- Expert level – CWNE: Certified Wireless Network Expert
All Global Information Assurance (GIAC)
GIAC (Global Certification Assurance Information) was founded in 1999 to validate the skills of information security professionals. The purpose of GIAC is to provide the assurance that a certified person has the knowledge and skills necessary to be a professional in the key areas of computer science and software and information security. GIAC certifications are trusted by thousands of businesses and government agencies, including the United States National Security Agency (NSA).
GIAC certifications address a wide range of skills, from the basics with a broad base of security fundamentals, as well as advanced topics such as auditing, intrusion detection, manipulation, firewalls and perimeter protection, forensics, hacking techniques, system security Windows and Unix operating systems, and software fortification and application programming.
GIAC offers certifications in the following categories:
- Security Administration
- Software Security
Latest posts by Wylan Nichols (see all)
- How The Chips That Google Designed For Its Artificial Intelligence Systems - June 26, 2017
- How Artificial Intelligence Changes The Design of Chips - June 26, 2017
- Aircraft With A Rescue Capsule Can Save Your Life In An Air Crash - June 22, 2017