What We Have Covered in This Article
- 1 What is Roku?
- 2 Watching Netflix on Roku TV
- 3 How to Set up Netflix on Roku
- 4 How to Log out of Netflix on Roku
- 5 Logging out of Roku modern version device
- 6 How to Log out of Netflix on Roku 2
- 7 How to Log out of Netflix on Roku 1
- 8 Log Out of Netflix on Roku Easily
Last Updated on October 7, 2021 by Editor Futurescope
Netflix services and Roku streaming services have always blended. The two companies have always maintained a healthy business relationship. At one time, the Roku founder was the vice president of Netflix. Streaming Netflix on Roku gives you the freedom to watch documentaries, TV shows, movies, and short films.
If you use Netflix on Roku, you might at one point require to sign out for various reasons. These include changing accounts or logging back to your account after using a friend’s login credentials. Netflix has a screen limitation. The limit is four screens at a time for a user. Therefore, you might need to sign out of Roku if you’ve passed the limit.
Whatever the reason is, you can use the information on this helpful article to know how to log out of Netflix on the Roku streaming device.
What is Roku?
According to a recent poll by CBS, the number of Americans who still use cable or satellite to watch TV does not surpass 45%. This trend is the launch of several media streaming platforms like Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV 4K, and Roku.
Roku streaming services uses lightweight streaming sticks or boxes that connect to your TV set. These streaming devices gather content from Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, and other platforms and lets you access them from one central point on your TV. You get access to over 190 free streaming channels on the Roku Channel.
Roku requires an internet connection with at least 1.5 Mbps to stream standard definition content and 3.0 Mbps for High Definition (HD) content. To control these devices, you need the Roku remote. Some of the recently-launched remotes support voice commands and have a headphone jack. No worries if you lost your remote, the Roku device could be operated using the Roku app installed on your mobile device.
Some of the best-known Roku devices include:
- Roku Express 4K+
- Roku Streambar
- Roku Streaming Stick+
- Roku Smart Soundbar
Watching Netflix on Roku TV
Roku collaborated with Netflix and released its first model in May 2008. Recently, various TV companies like Hisense and TCL have used the Roku user interface to make their TVs, thus the word Roku TV. You can use a Roku TV or a Roku box to access Netflix.
Some of the Netflix features available on Roku supported devices include:
You can navigate through the various Netflix movies and TV shows on Roku-supported devices. Additionally, you can browse through the My Lists selection, which stores the selected Tv shows and movies.
The movie rows are categorized into comedies, TV shows, dramas, etc., depending on your recently viewed content.
- Parental controls
These controls allow you to restrict the movies and TV shows that your kid can stream. You can do this by blocking some shows, creating a user profile with a certain maturity rating, or locking your profile. Additionally, you can create for your kid a Netflix Kids experience which only has kids’ content.
You can watch movies & TV shows on the highest supported resolutions using a fast internet connection speed. Most Netflix shows are in HD, and Roku supports HD streaming.
- Subtitles and Alternate Audio
While watching Netflix shows on Roku, you can turn on closed captions and captions, which are available on most movies and TV shows. Consequently, you can set how you want the captions and subtitles to be displayed.
Some Roku devices may display the subtitles and captions by default, while others have to be set. You can also use the alternate audio feature (including the 5.1 surround system) while streaming movies &TV shows.
- Devices supporting subtitles, alternate audio, and 5.1 surround system: Roku 1, Roku 2, Roku 2 XS, Roku 3, Roku 4, Roku Express, Roku Premiere, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Ultra
- Devices supporting subtitles and alternate audio only: Roku 2 HD, Roku 2 XD, Roku HD
You can use Dolby Atmos audio to stream select titles using Roku Express 4K, Roku Express 4K+, and Roku Ultra.
How to Set up Netflix on Roku
To start enjoying Netflix services on Roku, your first step is to create a Roku account. The Roku account sign-up is a quick process that only requires your first, last name, and email address to sign in. After signing up a Roku account, use either of these methods to set up Netflix on Roku:
- Use the Roku TV Home Screen
- Use the Roku remote control
Using the Home Screen
Go to the main Home Screen and browse to Home, and among the choices, select Netflix. If Netflix is not installed yet, use these steps to set it up:
- Go to the Channel Store
- Scroll and choose Movies &TV
- Select Netflix and click on Add Channel
- Go to channel
- Choose the Yes option on the pop-up question screen, “Are you a member of Netflix? If you are not yet a Netflix member, sign up in the prompts that appear or register your membership on the Netflix official site. Key in the activation code that appears on the Netflix activation page.
- Once done, you will set up the Roku account to your Netflix account.
Using the Roku Remote
With the Roku remote, follow these steps to set up Netflix on Roku:
- On the remote, press the Netflix button.
- After the Roku TV opens the Netflix app, choose the Sign in. If you don’t have a Netflix membership, register your account on the Netflix site or use the activation process to create the account.
- Key in your Netflix login details; email and password
- Click Continue
- Voila! Your Netflix is connected!
How to Log out of Netflix on Roku
Having learned how to log in to Netflix on Roku, the next step should be to log out if the need arises. Logging out from a current model of Roku device model is simple and follows similar steps for most devices. However, the sign-out process may be different in Roku 1 and 2.
Logging out of Roku modern version device
Logging out of modern device models like Roku 3, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku 4, Roku Premiere, Ultra, Express, and Roku TV uses similar steps. The following steps will log you out of Netflix on modern Roku devices:
- Turn on the Roku device using the power button on the supplied remote
- Press the Home button on the remote
- Start the Netflix app on your Roku-enabled TV
- From the left pane of the Netflix home screen, click the Get Help If the Get Help option is not available, select Settings.
- Under the settings menu, select Sign out and click Yes to confirm that you want to sign out.
Alternatively, you can use the following sequence on your Roku remote to sign out your Netflix account:
- Go to the Netflix app on your Roku-connected TV
- Use the navigation buttons in this proper button sequence: arrow up button, Up, Down, Down, Left arrow, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
- After following the sequence, a menu with Sign out, Deactivate, Start Over, or Reset options will appear.
- Select Sign out to log out of Netflix Roku
How to Log out of Netflix on Roku 2
The following quick process of logging out applies to Roku 2 (LT, XS, and XD):
- Switch on your Roku device and press the home button on the remote
- On the Roku home screen, go to the Netflix Channel options
- Highlight Netflix then press the star key button of the remote
- Select the Remove channel option, then confirm the sign-out action.
To log out of Netflix on Roku 2, you must remove or deactivate the Netflix channel completely, and you’ll have to sign in back to access Netflix services again. To restore the Channel store, launch the Streaming channels, select Movies & TV, then Netflix.
How to Log out of Netflix on Roku 1
You have to deactivate your Netflix account to be able to sign out of Netflix on Roku. Use these simple steps to log out:
- Go to Roku Settings by pressing the home button that opens the Roku quick Menu
- On the Roku settings menu, choose Netflix Settings and continue
- Select the Deactivate, this player from my Netflix account
- Confirm your sign-out action to log out.
Select the Netflix app on the home screen, then use the on-screen instructions to reactivate Netflix.
Roku devices work independently, and logging out from one device won’t log you out from other devices. If you log out from one Roku device, the other devices will still have your Netflix account logged in. However, you have to reactivate the Netflix account again every time you log out from a Roku device.
Log Out of Netflix on Roku Easily
You can easily use the above methods to log out of any Roku device, whether Roku streambar pro or Roku streaming stick. If you face connection issues, hardware issues, or any other related Roku customer service, you can go to the Roku support center for help. Consequently, if the Roku app crashes, consider doing a manual or automatic update.
To get answers on Netflix channel accounts or other channel issues & questions and Netflix service, visit the Netflix support center for assistance. I hope you have found the article helpful.