Discover The Article
From time to time, Microsoft releases windows updates that have new and advanced features such as security improvement. However, while updating windows 10, you may come across a Windows update error code 0x800705b4. This error can corrupt the system resulting in massive data loss. The outcome of error 0x800705b4 can be disastrous; therefore, it calls for immediate action. The error is a result of different problems, and there are several ways to address the error depending on its cause. This article will take you through methods you can use to eradicate the error from your computer system.
WHAT IS ERROR 0x800705b4?
This is a problematic error that windows 10 users commonly come across when updating their windows. Windows 10 update error 0x80070b4 causes the downloading Update to pause or stop before it is complete and prohibits installing any updates. The error (0x80070b4) hinders any other updates from going on and causes data loss. It continues for a significant amount of time, making it quite irritating and annoying.
WHY ERROR 0x800705b4 OCCURS
Viruses and malware are the primary reasons for the error. The virus or malware infects the windows system files damaging and corrupting them. Error 0x800705b4 may occur when there are registry issues or problems with your default antivirus and windows defender.
HOW TO FIX UPDATE ERROR 0x800705b4 IN WIDOWS 10
Several different methods can be used to use to fix this Windows update error.
RESTART YOUR COMPUTER
Before complicating things, the error may be fixed by a merely restarting your computer. You do so by following these two simple stages.
- Click to open the start-up menu.
- Go over the power icon and choose Restart.
After the computer has finished restarting, check to see if the problem is still there.
DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE
Your installed antivirus software may cause problems when updating windows. Therefore, you can remove or uninstall it by following these stages.
- Find any third party software antivirus or firewalls that may be activated on your computer as it may be interfering with your system.
- Deactivate or disable any software antivirus or firewall you may find. You can even completely delete the antivirus.
- Check if the error is gone by turning on the windows firewall.
You may need to consider getting a different antivirus if this removes the error.
ENSURE WINDOWS DEFENDER IS RUNNING SMOOTHLY
To check whether the windows defender is running properly, complete the following stages.
- Press Windows key + R.
- Click ok or hit the enter button. This will open the services window.
- See if windows defender antivirus service and windows defender firewall are activated and running.
- Check properties by double-clicking them.
- We got to Start-up type set to automatic.
- To save changes, click apply and ok.
RUN THE TROUBLESHOOTER
Troubleshooters are built-in windows tools that help find and mend a problem. To run troubleshooter, do as follows.
- Go to Windows.
- Click Settings.
- Click Update and Security then, Troubleshoot.
- Go to Get up and to run.
- Click Windows Update.
- Click Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the windows update troubleshooter to finish searching windows update issues.
- If any issues are found, it will provide solutions to them. Click Apply this fix to apply solutions.
- Trouble-shooter will apply a fix to the error (0x80070b4). Wait for it to finish.
- Close troubleshooter.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall the updates.
CHANGE WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS
Updates for other Microsoft products may cause windows to update error code 0x800705b4. Prevent these other updates from causing problems by following these stages to remove them.
- Go to the settings menu.
- Select Update and Security.
- Go to Windows Update.
- Click Advance.
- Go to the Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update the Windows option. Uncheck it.
- Restart the computer.
- When your computer has restarted, go to the windows update setting.
- Click Check for Updates.
- Redo the stage above until you get a message reading, your device is up to date.
- Go back to the main page.
- Click Check for updates again.
- The Update will automatically download.
PERFORM SFC OR DISM SCANS
Error 0x800705b4 can be solved by only running an SFC of DISM scan repeatedly until the problem is solved. This is how to run these scans.
- Press Windows key + X.
- Select Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Type sfc/scannow for SFC and for DISM, run the DISM/Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command.
- Hit the enter button.
Your error problem will be fixed after a while.
- Reboot the system.
UNINSTALL CORRUPT WINDOWS UPDATES THAT ARE PROBLEM CAUSING
New updates may be difficult to install if prior installed windows updates are damaged or corrupt. You, therefore, need to first uninstall such updates before installing any new ones successfully. Here are the stages to do so.
- Go to the control panel.
- Choose Programs.
- Select Program features.
- Click View installed updates
- Click on any recent updates that might be causing problems and click uninstall.
- Restart the computer and new install updates again.
MANUALLY DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL WINDOWS UPDATES
Avoid automatic updates and manually install them to fix error code 0x800705b4. These are the stages to update your windows manually.
- Go to the Windows updates catalog.
- Choose the windows updates you wish to install. Download the updates.
Due to the full range of updates available, you might need to know how to figure out which updates are significant. This is how you do so.
- Go to settings.
- Select Update and security.
- Select Windows update.
- Click Check for updates. Alternatively, view updates history to see the Windows update version code that is available for you. Note down the given code.
- Go to the windows update catalog page.
- In the search bar, type in the windows updates version code you previously noted.
- Click search.
- Select Download.
- Click on the link that pops up to download.
- Click to install your updates.
Windows 10 update error 0x800705b4 is a standard error and can efficiently be dealt with by any of these eight methods. If you are not sure of its cause, feel free to try as many ways as you may need to remove this error.