What We Have Covered in This Article
- 1 What Workday Partners Do
- 2 Qualities of a Good Workday Partner
Last Updated on November 6, 2021 by Editor Futurescope
Designed to improve business processes across every aspect of your organization, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software enhances the visibility of your workflow and streamlines processes.
Widely considered to be the best ERP solution, cloud-based Workday is on the forefront of this technology. However, because the platform is so powerful, it’s a good idea to work with a partner who knows its capabilities intimately and can help you apply it to your particular circumstance and deploy it to the best effect.
With that in mind, here’s what to look for in a Workday partner.
What Workday Partners Do
As we mentioned above, the capabilities of the Workday platform are extensive, which by extension means the software has a rather steep learning curve. To help clients implement it quickly and effectively, Workday certifies Solution Partners who have been trained on all aspects of the product.
These people can help you deploy the system faster, optimize it specifically for your particular set of circumstances and provide ongoing support. This, in turn produces a better ROI, as well as process improvements on an ongoing basis.
Qualities of a Good Workday Partner
The best Workday Partners always begin at the beginning — so to speak. They seek to understand the nature of your enterprise, get a handle on your HR strategy, and well, understand why you went with Workday in the first place. They then work in a well-rounded fashion to ensure that your deployment is solidly grounded in each of the following areas:
• Human Resources – Everything starts with people, so the best Workday Partners ensure that the Workday Human Capital Management deployment meshes well with both your needs and your processes so that it is properly integrated into your HR strategy. They ensure that all aspects of your HR programs, processes and delivery are properly aligned with Workday.
• Capital Management – Financial data is optimized to ensure the best possible return on investment (ROI). Data accuracy and adoption are monitored closely to ensure that the implementation is both clearly defined and holistic. The primary goals should be to reduce operating costs, amplify your value to investment ratio and support the achievement of stakeholder as well as leadership aims.
• Application Management – Deploying the platform is just the first step. Ensuring that it functions to your best advantage once it is in place is fundamental to the success of the program. Problems in areas such as security and reporting can derail even the best-laid plans. A solid Workday Partner can provide solid application management support in each functional area. Moreover, the best Workday Partners understand that nothing stands still. They implement scalable deployments that can adapt as the Workday platform evolves.
• Adaptive Planning Support – One of the core strengths of the solution is its ability to analyze data and help you make decisions based upon real-time data streams in the areas of finance, workforce, and sales. A Workday Partner who is adept at Adaptive Planning can ensure that your business decisions are made based upon the most relevant information currently available.
Simply put, when you’re looking for a Workday Partner it’s important to find one that is well-versed in advisory and design, as well as integration, deployment and optimization. You’ll also want to question their capabilities in terms of report configuration, application management and of course — managing change. They must also be capable of ensuring that your people have the ongoing support they’ll need to function competently within the Workday environment once the training wheels are removed.